Lip balms

3.19.2015


Although the weather is getting better, I still feel like I need to weatherproof my lips in order to prevent chapped lips. Over the past few years, I've tried a lot of lipbalms. Most of them did an average job nursing my dry lips but nothing special. In this post I'd like to discuss 3 very different lipbalms.

1. Vaseline
Nothing can beat the good ol' jar of Vaseline, if you ask me. I use this every evening before I go to bed and even though some say that Vaseline doesn't moisturise at all, it does a good job soothing dry lips. I agree that it's not very special as it's just petroleum jelly, but it's cheap, not sticky and greasy at all, it soothes my dry lips and that's all I'm asking for.

2. Clinique Chubby Stick
This may be a bit unusual, but yes. Clinique's Chubby Sticks are heaven! The Chubby Stick feels like a lipbalm, but has a hint of colour in it which makes it look like a lipstick. The one I have is called 'Super Strawberry', a sheer pink with a very pretty sheen. I use this as a lipbalm during the day, but obviously not at night. ;-)

3. Kiehl's LIP BALM #1
I've heard mixed reviews about this lip balm, some find it overrated. I've been using this for a while now and so far I think it's a nice lipbalm, but nothing special. I'm not a big fan of the greasiness, nor do I think this lipbalm conveys any benefits beyond a jar of vaseline. I got this lipbalm for free, but I would not purchase this as I think spending 8 USD on a lipbalm that's not really wowing is way too much.

What lipbalm do you use?

Love,

Simone

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, Jade and Stephanie from 2 Peas In a Pod Blog have nominated you for a Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers Award. Here is a link to find out more: http://2peasinapodblog2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html Don't forget to tagg us when your done so we can see your blog post !

    ReplyDelete

Crush on Blush.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.