Choosing the perfect jeans: Styles

3.26.2015


image from pinterest

Finding the perfect jean can be dreadful. There are so many styles and it's hard to find that one type of jeans that fit you perfectly. A couple of years ago, I absolutely hated shopping for jeans. I was convinced that my body was just weird and those hours spend in the fitting rooms with jeans that looked horrible on me harmed my self esteem. Two years ago, I walked into a Levi's store and found three perfect fitting jeans. I've always struggled with a 'gap' because my waist is much smaller than my hips. The store clerk recommended me to try on a 'bold curve' jean. And to my surprise, it fit perfectly. I walked out of the store with three brand new perfectly fitting jeans. That one time helped me to look out for jeans with a high waistband that hugs my waistline.

Here are some facts about different jean styles and my tips on how to find the perfect jeans.





Choosing a style
I have to say that I only wear skinny jeans, because I feel most comfortable in them. However, it's always nice to try on other styles and see how they suit your shape.

image from levi.com

Skinny
- Slimming, especially dark colours
- Great with heels as well as boots or sneakers
- Great choice if you're petite

Straight
- Clean cut
- Helps to balance out particular body shapes
- Lengthen Legs
- Perfect if you're not into skinny jeans

Bootcut
- Creates a long, lean silhouette
- If you have curvy hips, bootcut jeans can balance out the body shape
- A bootcut jean helps draw the attention downwards towards the feet
- Accentuates slim thights

Boyfriend
- Comfortable ;-)
- Slouchy yet feminine
- Isn't designed to be slimming, so if you have a curvy figure you should look for a high waist jean
- Great for athletic body shapes as they add volume and shape

Which style do you like best?

Love,

Simone

7 comments:

  1. Love the boyfriends!

    https://www.bonaupetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate jeans!!! They are so restricting; I tend to look for more stretchy denim if possible.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO hard to find the perfect pair! I always stick with skinny as I hate the cut of many other jeans. I'd love to branch out of my comfort zone and try something like the slouchy boyfriend fit ones! xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mademoiselle Lala27 March 2015 at 14:52

    I love skinny and boyfriend jeans but it's always so hard to find a good pair! I usually go for Topshop Jamie jeans. ;)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found my perfect jeans brand and it's Levis! I can buy them without even trying them on nowadays, I know which fit and size I need, it's heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah the boyfriend jeans are back in style and they seem so comfortable that I really need to get my hands on a pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stretch denim is also my favourite :) I love leggings made out of denim!

    ReplyDelete

Crush on Blush.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.