KIKO lipsticks review

2.23.2015

 

I already explained my craze for the budget make-up brand KIKO in this post, but now I'm going to actually review some of the KIKO products I have! I thought it would be a bit too much to put all of the products I received lately in one post, so I'm starting with lipstick (my favourite!)




505 Dark Tea Rose - 521 Dark Mauve - 512 Plum

KIKO has a very wide range of lipsticks - from ultra shiny to matte velvet lipsticks. The ones in my possession are from the Luscious Cream collection. As there are 25 shades available in the Luscious Cream collection only, you can probably imagine that choosing between the 25 shades was... hard, to say the least. ;-) As I have a thing for purple/plum lipsticks at the moment, I decided to get the shade 'Plum', which turned out a lot darker than I expected. I also picked up 'Mauve', which I thought would be the darkest colour but turned out to be a little disappointing. Lastly I bought a pinky nude colour and I took a little risk by picking up a nude shade, 'Dark Tea Rose'. Most nude lipsticks look horrible when I put it on, so I always stuck to darker shades. 

What's really funny is that Dark Tea Rose turned out to be my favourite shade of all three! I used it to experiment with the Kylie Jenner lip (disaster, lol) and I ended up thinking: Hey, this actually looks nice! 


All three lipsticks have an amazing soft texture. I don't think they'll last long, but I'll take that for granted considering the price and pigmentation. I wasn't satisfied with the coverage of the darkest shade, Plum, so I decided to use a lip pencil underneath. Combined with a lip pencil, Plum gives you a vampirish look.


I do think that I can rock this look though! I've never tried out extremely dark reds before, but I really like this one. Once again, nothing but praise about this amazing brand. You can order all of their products online.

Love,

Simone

4 comments:

  1. Fijn artikel! Alle drie de lipsticks vind ik er mooi uitzien! Ik heb nog nooit een kiko lipstick geprobeerd. Wordt toch wel eens tijd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so good

    Great post !!!

    I love your blog

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    I have also shared your blog with my friends :)

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in love with your blog! Interesting posts, beautiful photos & design! It’s really amazing!
    Great job!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet

    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love KIKO !

    that lipstick colour on your last picture is just divine !!!! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Crush on Blush.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.