DIY: Memory Jar 2015

1.09.2015


One of my resolutions of last year was to become more aware of all the amazing things that happened to me, but I had no idea how to do this. Early 2014 I discovered the Memory Jar DIY-project. Since 2015 has just begun, I thought it would be cool to share this idea with you!

A Memory Jar is a nice simple way to pay more attention to special events in your life, and relive them at the end of the year. Everytime something special or amazing happens throughout the year, you write it down on a small piece of paper and you pop it into the jar! At the end of the year, you take out all the pieces of paper and you read back over all of the amazing things that happend that year.






First of all, we need to make ourselves a pretty jar that we can proudly present in our room!

You can buy an empty jar and put it on a shelf like that, but it's much more fun to decorate it to your style! I tugged a ribbon around my jar and glued a bright piece of paper on my jar with 'Memories 2014' on it. But it's all up to you! You can use a sharpie to write something on your jar or you can decorate the lit, the possibilities are endless. 

I decided to make mine a little more special by putting little pearls in the jar. I bought a really inexpensive pearl necklace at Primark and I put the pearls in my jar!



Besides writing amazing memories on a small piece of paper, I also collected memories in the form of small cards or other objects - as you can see on the photo above.



I really encourage you to make a Memory Jar too, I loved reading it all back and I'm going to make a new one for 2015 soon :-)

Love,

Simone 





2 comments:

  1. I really want to start to do one of these this year! I think it's great to look back at achievements and memories.
    Victoria xx
    thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to find a jar and do this! I love this idea, and I like your blog! xx

    - www.from18tolife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Crush on Blush.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.