A Healthy Life | Kuvings Slow Juicer

1.30.2015



About a month ago, my dad and stepmom decided to buy the Kuvings B6000S Slow Juicer. My first reaction was: How on earth could you spend € 400 on a juicer?!

Well, I'm still happy that I didn't spend my money on it, but lawd this slowjuicer has become by BFF!


Let me first explain what a juicer is exactly. A juicer is different from a blender. Juicing is a process which extracts water and nutrients from fruit and vegetables and discards the indigestible fiber. Smoothies (made with a blender ofcourse) consist of the entire fruit or vegetable and contain all of the fiber.


What's so special about a slowjuicer is that the slow juicer uses a screw-like auger that presses the produce, which preserves more of the phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals, and means that you will have a much healthier juice.

Making juices is actually very simple. You pop a fruit or vegetable into the chute and it will be pressed and the pulp that is expelled is very dry, meaning that you get a lot of juice from your produce.


I have been trying out all kinds of recipes, with different kinds of vegetables and fruits and I'm so happy with this slowjuicer! Juicing does take some time, but I love doing it.

! Ofcourse I don't substitute my daily vegetables with a juice, I still eat vegetables. This is just a very simple way to sneak some extra vitamins and minerals in my daily life.

Love,

Simone

4 comments:

  1. Ziet er goed uit zeg! Ik kan me ook nauwelijks voorstellen om 400 euro aan een slow juicer uit te geven, maar hé, als je er van mee kan profiteren is het niet verkeerd :) Wel vind ik het altijd een beetje zonde van al het vruchtvlees dat je weg moet gooien. Ik weet het, dat hoort bij een juicer, maar toch... :) Liefs Anniek - www.glowofbeauty.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, het bedrag is ook niet niks natuurlijk ;) Het vruchtvlees gebruiken we wel degelijk, of nouja, de pulp van groenten gebruiken we vaak voor in de soep. Dus gelukkig gooien we niet alles weg! En mijn vader vind de pulp van fruit juist wel lekker, dus die gooit vaak nog wat ervan in zijn juice... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday! I love your blog, and I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Happy Saturday! Enjoy answering the questions!

    xx Lindsay

    Wandering 20-Something // Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Crush on Blush.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.